The project Créer en Afrique Centrale: Support to the Cultural and Creative Sectors is co-financed by the ACP-EU Culture Programme, a joint initiative of the European Union and the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OEACP) whose mandate is to stimulate the potential of the cultural and creative sector and its contribution to the socio-economic development of ACP countries.
The project aims to support the cultural and creative industries (CCI) and targets eight countries in the Central African region: Cameroon, the Central African Republic, Congo, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, São Tomé and Principe and Chad.
In this context, Créer en Afrique Centrale aims to:
• Promote, through targeted financial support, the integral development of CCIs as economic, social and cultural actors.
• Strengthen the capacities of CCIs and bring them up to standard, strengthen the capacities of the support and supervision structures of cultural actors and their umbrella organisations.
• Promote a favourable environment for better and full access to national, regional and international markets for cultural products and services generated.
This project targets artists and cultural operators, businesses and civil society organisations, vulnerable groups (women, youth, minorities, etc.), local, regional and international media, as well as local and national public authorities. It also targets the general population who will benefit from the long-term results of the project.
The main activities implemented are:
• Three calls for proposals to support about 40 projects for the production of high quality cultural goods and services;
• Seminars and capacity building workshops for different target groups at sub-regional and trans-regional levels;
• An awareness raising campaign to demonstrate the potential of the cultural and creative sector and to encourage national and local authorities to implement targeted cultural policies;
• Networking activities to open a dialogue between professionals and policy makers.
The project will run for 40 months, starting in December 2020 and ending in March 2024. It is implemented by Interarts, Culture et Dévelopment, the Economic Community of Central African States, and the Institut National des Arts in Kinshasa. The Regional Centre for the Living Arts in Africa - CERAV/Africa, Arterial Network and United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa) are associate partners of the project.
You can download the document with the list of the projects selected for a sub-grant [DOWNLOAD PDF]